CTC Building Trades Instructor
State Fair Community College
Closing Date: June 30, 2023
Industry: Higher Education
3201 W 16th St
Sedalia, MO 65301
This teaching position provides direct instruction and supervision of high school-aged students in the area of Building Construction Technology. Because this program is a Missouri Department of Education-approved Career Technical Education program, the program’s curriculum is designed to meet a rigorous set of core program competencies that will prepare students with the skills and knowledge to either enter the work force or transition successfully into a post-secondary education program in Building Construction or a related field.
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIILITIES:
- Develop and follow an appropriate course syllabus for each course taught.
- Develop content-related and appropriate instruction based on national, state and local curriculum through a combination of classroom and laboratory experiences (this include work-site locations).
- Develop and execute lesson plans that lead toward student achievement of competencies in the area of Building Trades.
- Develop and update, as needed, the curriculum for the program.
- Present subject matter to students, utilizing a variety of methods and techniques, such as lectures, discussions or demonstrations; ensures use of classroom time is organized and that instruction and clean-up (if applicable) can be accomplished within the allotted time.
- Assist students, individually or in groups, with lesson assignments to present or reinforce learning concepts; responds to basic student questions; may initiate study groups in preparations for examinations.
- Develop and enforces classroom protocols, rules and regulations; maintains classroom discipline; utilizes effective classroom management techniques.
- Provides a classroom environment that promotes active learning in the subject area.
- Communicates responsibly with students, parents, colleagues, administration and community members.
- Manages and maintains program facilities and equipment.
- Follows professional ethics in all work-related activities.
- Prepare orders for the purchase of supplies, tools, equipment, and instructional materials necessary to support the learning activities.
- Maintain inventory and repair records and ensure the safe and proper operation and maintenance of tools and equipment.
- Remain informed of new trends, methods, materials, tools, and equipment in the Building Trades industry.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Abide by state statutes, school board policies and regulations.
- Attend meetings and trainings per requirements; participates in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences and professional development workshops and performs duties as assigned by administrators or supervisors.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulation.
- Prepares adequately for teaching and other responsibilities to be assumed when absent.
- Contributes in a positive manner to the professional climate of the building.
- Serve on committees as assigned.
- Remain current on instructional practices in education. (e.g. instructional technology)
- Complete an annual goals setting and performance review with the CTC Executive Director.
Minimum qualifications & Requirements
- Hold or be eligible to pursue a Certificate to be a Career Education Teacher in Missouri.
- Must possess one of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university and four thousand (4,000) hours of Department-approved, closely related occupational experience obtained within the past ten (10) years; or
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university and five thousand (5,000) hours of Department-approved, closely related occupational experience within the past ten (10) years; or
- No degree and six thousand (6,000) hours of Department-approved, closely related occupational experience obtained within the past ten (10) years.
- Must be willing to complete the necessary college coursework to obtain and/or renewal of initial teaching certificate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job requires that the employee be able to: sit, stand, walk, speak, hear, use hands, fingers, reach with hands and fingers, bend, stoop, life objects of at least fifty pounds. Job requires the employee occasionally to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Visual ability requires mono and color vision, close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Job requires employee to obtain a SCHOOL BUS driver’s license (Class “B” CDL with “S” endorsement) as students are transported to the job site via a school bus.
Completed applications will include SFCC application, cover letter, resume and transcripts. Employment will require a criminal background check at College Expense
AA Statement: SFCC is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of State Fair Community College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry, national origin, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities or employment as required by law in regard to admissions, awarding financial aid, access to courses and programs, and all student services as well as the recruitment, admission and retention of students.
As part of our enduring commitment to inclusive excellence on our campus, State Fair Community College, is a member of the Greater Missouri Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC). HERC supports job seekers through the higher education job search process and it supports institutions in their efforts to create inclusive recruitment, hiring, and retention practices for staff and faculty.
To Apply for this position: