The Boys and Girls Club of Jefferson City
Closing Date: May 17, 2023
Company Overview: The mission of the Boys & Girls Club of Jefferson City is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens. At the Boys & Girls Club, we believe in order for a child to reach their potential they must have academic success, lead a healthy lifestyle and develop good character & citizenship.
1105 Lafayette St
Jefferson City, MO 65101
JOB DESCRIPTION: UNIT DIRECTOR
TITLE: Unit Director
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, Salary, Exempt
HOURS: Monday – Friday, 9:00AM – 6:00PM;
Salary: $38,500 - $48,000 annually plus benefits
The Unit Director manages the overall daily operations of the Railton Center site with the primary concern for programs and service delivery, supervision and training of staff, food program, and transportation service. This encompasses planning, coordinating, implementing, and supervising all Club program personnel (which includes ongoing recruitment and retention of a specified number of part time staff members). Certain administrative duties also fall within the Unit Director responsibilities.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities)
- Recruits and retains a specific number of part-time staff (teachers/youth development professionals) necessary for quality Boys & Girls Clubs program implementation and school programs. Provides guidance and development for part-time staff. Prepare newly hired staff to work with program participants, help frontline staff members understand their roles, and contribute to a positive work culture.
- Manages food service, kitchen staff, and the CACFP & SFSP food programs for all sites.
- Manages the transportation service officed by the Club for all sites. This includes the hiring of van and bus drivers, managing the fleet of club vehicles, and ensuring the safety of all club members during transportation.
- Develop and coordinate programs that are evidence-based and align with the Boys & Girls Clubs goals and objectives to strengthen academic success in members.
- Responsible for completing vital paperwork and reports on-time (i.e. reports, attendance, incident reports, new employee paperwork, etc.).
- Understands and assures the implementation of organizational policies, procedures, and goals while maintaining a safe, positive environment necessary for youth development.
Prepare Youth for Success
- Utilize the Youth Development Strategy to maintain a positive behavioral environment. Reports severe infractions to the C.O.O. and parents/guardians when applicable, understands and applies child and adolescent development principles.
- Communicates with a strength-based approach to develop positive relationships with all youth.
- Respects and honors cultural and human diversity.
- Identifies potential risk and protective factors for youth.
- Demonstrates the qualities of a positive role model.
- Interacts in a way that supports asset building.
- Coordinates the use of building facilities for agencies contracted by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Jefferson City to provide additional after-school activities.
- Pursues relationships with community members and local businesses to provide additional resources and support to program components.
- Plans and manages after-school programs at his/her sites which meet minimum program delivery standards.
- Act as a community liaison to involve families and the community with the After-School Program.
- Work collaboratively with partner agencies.
Marketing Public Relations
- Creates a positive image of the After-School Program in the community by marketing and publicizing the After-School Program and by networking with relevant community organizations.
- Maintain Average Daily Attendance (ADA) Goal assigned for designated site, set at the beginning of each school year. Monitor fluctuation of the ADA and address sudden drops in enrollment. If the site is not at capacity, implement strategies that work towards the increase in ADA.
- Internal - Maintain close, daily contact with Club professional staff to interpret and explain organizational mission, program objectives and standards, discuss issues, and provide/receive information. Has regular contact with members as needed to discipline, advise, and counsel.
- External - Maintains contact with external community groups, schools where program is housed, members’ parents and others to assist in resolving problems and to publicize the Club.
- Assist in the development and program implementation of grant funded programs
Education & Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in developing and implementing youth guidance and development programs preferred
- CPR and first aid certified or be willing to become certified
- Management skills are necessary. Proven ability to supervise Club staff and volunteers
- Knowledge of (and access to) community organizations and assistance agencies are required
- Must possess excellent written and verbal skills
- Must have the ability and desire to work with youth in a variety of environments
- Must have the ability to work independently and efficiently without direct supervision
- Ability to pass background screening and drug test
SUPERVISORY: This position is responsible for supervising other staff.
Compensation: 38,500-48,000 year
To Apply for this position:
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply in person or mail resume to 1105 Lafayette St, Jefferson City, Mo 65101